Board of Trustees
The Board of Trustees of the ‘Stichting’ EUPATI Foundation is composed by five members (in 2020):
- Birgit Fischer, Germany – Chairwoman at the University Council of the Ruhr University Bochum and a consultant in health industry and public health.
- Clayton Heijman, Netherlands (Treasurer) – Founder and a Director of Privium Fund Management.
- Ivett Jakab, Hungary (Vice-Chair)- President of the European Patients’ Forum (EPF) Youth Group.
- Jytte Lyngvig, Denmark (Chair) – Senior consultant with assignments for WHO, previously the Senior Vice President and Managing Director for DIA Europe.
- Günter Stock, Germany – Chair of the Executive Board of the Einstein Foundation in Berlin.
For more information about the members of the Board of Trustees, please click here.
The EUPATI Board sets the overall strategy and takes all major strategic decisions on the direction of EUPATI. It is chaired by a nominee of the EPF board and co-chaired by an industry representative nominated by the industry stakeholder cluster.
The new EUPATI Board, elected in 2020, is led by Anders Olauson from the European Patients’ Forum (EPF) as the Chair and Kay Warner from GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) as the Co-Chair. Both Anders and Kay have a long track-record in patient engagement and patient education and have contributed to EUPATI since the start. They are picking up the baton from Nicola Bedlington (EPF) and Matthias Gottwald (Bayer) who have successfully steered the EUPATI ship for the past 8 years.
In addition, each of the following stakeholder groups, as represented in the 4 clusters in the Sustaining Partners Assembly, can nominate 2 persons to represent them on the EUPATI Board:
– Chair: Anders Olauson (EPF)
– Co-chair: Kay Warner (GSK)
– 2 Patient Representatives: Brian West (EATG) and Derick Mitchell (IPPOSI)
– 2 Academic / NGO Representatives: Ingrid Klingmann (EFGCP) and Anne-Charlotte Fauvel (EATRIS)
– 2 Industry Representatives: Lasse Funch Jacobsen (LEO Pharma) and Donatella Decise (Novartis)
– 2 National Platform Representatives: Sandrine Lavallé (EUPATI Luxembourg) and Filippo Buccella (EUPATI Italy)
Please see below and here more information about the EUPATI Board.
Sustaining Partners Assembly
The EUPATI Sustaining Partners Assembly (SPA) consists of all partners who have committed substantially to EUPATI through in-cash or in-kind contribution. A threshold on the minimum contribution of a Sustaining Partner in each cluster group is defined by the Steering Group. Sustaining Partners are regularly informed about the work plan, milestones, outputs and outcomes of EUPATI and are consulted on relevant issues related to the activities.
The SPA is chaired by the EUPATI Steering Group Chair and Co-Chair and is organised in four clusters of stakeholder groups:
– Patient organisations
– Academia & NGOs
– National Platforms
Each cluster elects representatives and alternates to the EUPATI Steering Group which decides upon the strategic direction of EUPATI. The industry cluster also elects one additional individual as co-chair of the Steering Group.
EUPATI invites new members of all the different clusters to join the EUPATI, please contact us for more information!
Please click here to have more information about the SPA.
EUPATI National Platforms (ENP) Network
The National Platforms Network (ENPs) consists of an agreed number of representatives of each of the EUPATI National Platforms that have been established. The National Platforms elect 2 co-chairs, which will represent the National Platforms Network in the Sustaining Partners Assembly and the Steering Group. In these committees, the chairs represent all ENPs, not only their country.
For more information on ENPs, please see here.
The Secretariat implements the decisions of the EUPATI Board, the annual work plan and is responsible for the day-to-day operations of EUPATI. It is led by the EUPATI Coordinator/Executive Director.
The team consists of:
- EUPATI Coordinator/Executive Director
- Partnerships & Operations Coordinator
- Training & Content Coordinator
- Training Organisation & Alumni Coordinator
- Business Development Coordinator
- ENP Coordinator
- IT Coordinator
- Project Management Consultant
- Communications Consultant – to be recruited
To find our more about team, please see here.
EUPATI has several advisory committees that contribute to the various activities:
EUPATI Editorial Board
The EUPATI Editorial Board consists of 5 members representing all stakeholders. The Editorial Board reviews all new or updated content for EUPATI Toolbox and Patient Expert Course (including all related e-Learning and Face2Face course content). They guarantee that EUPATI content is well-focused, consistent, understandable, accessible and targeted. They also advice the EUPATI Secretariat about any content that needs to be updated, e.g. due to regulatory changes. The Editorial Board signs off on all EUPATI content before it is released to the public.
EUPATI Course Committee
The EUPATI Course Committee consists of representatives of all stakeholders, including a EUPATI Fellow. It contributes to the conception, development, and implementation of the face-to-face training events of the EUPATI Patient Expert Training Course.